An experiment in which I took the same initial sketch and palette and colored it in Photoshop and Illustrator, respectively.
The PS one, of course, looks more painterly and I think it has more of my emotion in it. I tend to paint with both the brush and the eraser tools so you can see all the happy accidents. I put a bit of ambient light where the clothes’ colors reflect onto other parts, which I always like to do.
The IL one was a pain in the ass but it looks very clean and crisp as if I planned every single thing on it (which I didn’t. Happy accidents happened here too.). The shading on the hair was downright frustrating and time-consuming as I had to painstakingly shape the shadows with the pen tool instead of just painting it with a few strokes. I struggled with the gradient tool as well but once I got the hang of it, it saved me so much pain with highlighting. Can you tell where I gave up (hint: the jewelry).
I hate hate hate illustrator ok I’m done
Shading individual dreads on Illustrator UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
First Kiss - Fawnlock and NymphJohn
John is grateful for all that the young faun has done for him and has, in the process, fallen in love with him. He invites Sherlock to a willow tree by the water in the evening to thank him. John takes his face in his hand and hesitates a bit, but Sherlock reaches up and touches his face as well.
still a work-in-progress animation of korra doing that spirit-cleansing technique. referenced from the scene in Book 2, episode 14. i don’t know how far i’ll take it but im still fixing it anyway. im so proud of it eventhoughithinkmyhandisabouttofalloff//cries;;;;;
don’t repost on tumblr or other websites and don’t remove the caption.
Porky Pig’s speech pattern deconstructed.
:O that was amazing
I always thought they were just random sounds. That’s kind of mind-blowing.
I’m over this man for making it seem so simple lol
"And nobody can do that and that’s why I have job security."
Was tagged by sleepingwiththegods to give 10 facts about myself! You are such a sweetie lol ok here goes…
1. I got to visit Pixar Animation Studios last month! Still willing to brag about that. I met the voice actress for EVE from Wall-E and my dad is friends with an upcoming film director there hehe
2. I am currently waiting for my turquoise hair dye to settle in while I type so imagine me in a stained tshirt and my hair all up in a shower cap. Having blue hair was a dream for me since I was 12 and seriously I gained so much confidence after dyeing my hair (against my parents’ wishes MWAHAHAHAHA)
3. I am in an ongoing RP with someone and it’s more than a year old now :D Still going strong!
4. I hate fresh tomatoes. I will each ketchup and soup with tomatoes but I cannot eat fresh tomatoes and this is a fact I share with my dad.
5. I don’t wear rings, earrings, or bracelets. Rings and bracelets because I don’t really like the feeling of something on my hands and it bothers me a lot, earrings because I have this skin reaction whenever the earrings I wear aren’t sterling silver.
6. I’d like to one day be married but I don’t want to have kids and if I ever decide to have a child, I would like to adopt one.
7. I love summer more than winter okay I am a tropical girl and I love wearing summer dresses and eating mangoes and watermelon I don’t know what people are saying when they hate summer I’ll tell you what experience a POLAR VORTEX and knee-high snow IN CANADA and tell me summer isn’t the best it is the best you guys don’t know shit.
8. My hedgehog Corset is the love of my life right now.
9. My room is in a constant state of mess in varying degrees.
10. I prefer tampons over pads. My mom once told me that only people who have given birth can use tampons because your husband won’t believe you’re a virgin if you use tampons which stretch your vag. So I was like FUCK THAT I hate the feeling of a scratchy diaper thing and feeling your warm blood seep out at random times and screw the concept of virginity it is so very stupid when its only purpose is to please your man and also your vagina turns back into its original size thank you very much. So for me, tampons > pads.
Also 173s you must do it you too are tagged
!!! OH MY GOD!
BRYAN FULLER PLS
Some of my better limited palette challenges, both requested and done by myself. A few of them were cropped to fit all the other ones.
Just a tiny Ponyo comic with a little older Ponyo and Sousuke.
These two are good for my heart.
So it’s now official :
Studio Ghibli is stopping production of animated feature films, according to producer Toshio Suzuki on MBS channel,
But it’s not the end of Studio Ghibli.
According to my informations, they will keep a small staff for Hayao Miyazaki projects.
And also the “Momonoma” department, which is Yoshiyuki Momose staff for production of commercials, music videos …
Momonoma artists are already freelance, and this is the reality : most of Studio Ghibli staff today are employees, with long term contracts.
Studio Ghibli can’t pay this staff if there’s no more Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata (expensive but profitable) movies on the way.
Ghibli cost too much today, so they’re just stopping the current system.
Before Porco Rosso, Studio Ghibli staff was freelance.
They’re coming back to this previous system.
It’s a restart, like Hoshino and Suzuki said.
Now they will focus on licensing, and Ghibli Museum.
And wait for new viable projects.
So let’s wait & see.
Note : French magazines Le Monde and Liberation already talked about this information many months ago.
Makes me wonder what will be the outcome of all this, especially on different animation studios.