Just finished hanging out with Mickey, and he took my laptop! Goodness gracious. He wanted to make SURE that everyone who loves Disney on Tumblr got this personal message from him. Love my boss ;D
NO FREAKIN WAYYYYYY
oh my gOD
I quite honestly stopped breathing
oh my god I actually teared up at this I don’t know why
James Lopez is a veteran Disney animator (The Lion King, Pocahontas, Paperman) who is trying to raise funding for his primarily hand-drawn short film, Hullabaloo, with hopes of eventually finding a studio to fund a full-length version.
From the film’s IndieGo page:
Hullabaloo is the story of Veronica Daring, a brilliant young scientist who returns home from an elite finishing school to find her father—the eccentric inventor Jonathan Daring—missing without a trace! The only clue left behind points Veronica toward Daring Adventures, an abandoned amusement park used by her father to test his fantastical steam-powered inventions. There she discovers a strange girl named Jules, a fellow inventor who agrees to help Veronica in locating her missing father and discovering the secrets of his work.
In addition to helping save 2D animation, Hullabaloo aims to encourage girls to explore science and adventure. The film’s two protagonists are both young women and both scientists who use their intellect, wits, and courage to fight greed and corruption. We hope that Veronica Daring and her friend Jules will serve as positive role models for girls of all ages and encourage them to get excited about science, engineering, and sci-fi.
To see some footage and a short video pitch from Lopez, click here.
Can I just say that I think this is the way Mulan should appear int the parks. In the beginning of the movie they make it very clear that the dress she wears to meet the matchmaker is not comfortable nor does it represent her personality. She spends the whole of the film proving that she is not a prize to be won or just a pawn to be married off at earliest convenience. She proves her worth in this outfit. She saves China in this outfit. She falls in love in this outfit. She risks her life, makes her strongest friendships, and changes the entire country IN THIS OUTFIT. Then they have her walk around the park in the same outfit she wore in the first scene of the movie and I think it is really negative toward her character. That is not who she is.
I totally agree that her current parks outfit is a slap in the face to her character and what she had to go through. But Ping is not the option I would give Mulan when it comes to her go to look for the parks. When Mulan was dressed as ping she was in disguise and hadn’t come to her own, her journey wasn’t done. Mulan comes to her own when she saves China, as the strong woman she is with no fronts or masks which is what ping and the marriage look was for her.
THIS is who Mulan is on the inside^
She is a warrior, she is a hero, and she is a girl all mixed into one. This look I feel speaks to that. Here she is the person she thought she never could be at the beginning of the film. Yet as her father said she bloomed into what would be the most beautiful flower of all.
I fully agree. While the Ping outfit up there looks amazing, Mulan didn’t feel comfortable conforming to the traditional female and male gender roles of her society and thus never felt truly comfortable wearing either the ‘matchmaking’ outfit or the Ping armor.
The power of the emotion shown in this scene will always enchant me.
I cry every time I see him in this scene :(
what the flying fresh fuck in all of the seven fucking realms is this
An experiment in which I took the same initial sketch and palette and colored it in Photoshop and Illustrator, respectively.
The PS one, of course, looks more painterly and I think it has more of my emotion in it. I tend to paint with both the brush and the eraser tools so you can see all the happy accidents. I put a bit of ambient light where the clothes’ colors reflect onto other parts, which I always like to do.
The IL one was a pain in the ass but it looks very clean and crisp as if I planned every single thing on it (which I didn’t. Happy accidents happened here too.). The shading on the hair was downright frustrating and time-consuming as I had to painstakingly shape the shadows with the pen tool instead of just painting it with a few strokes. I struggled with the gradient tool as well but once I got the hang of it, it saved me so much pain with highlighting. Can you tell where I gave up (hint: the jewelry).
I hate hate hate illustrator ok I’m done
Shading individual dreads on Illustrator UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
First Kiss - Fawnlock and NymphJohn
John is grateful for all that the young faun has done for him and has, in the process, fallen in love with him. He invites Sherlock to a willow tree by the water in the evening to thank him. John takes his face in his hand and hesitates a bit, but Sherlock reaches up and touches his face as well.
still a work-in-progress animation of korra doing that spirit-cleansing technique. referenced from the scene in Book 2, episode 14. i don’t know how far i’ll take it but im still fixing it anyway. im so proud of it eventhoughithinkmyhandisabouttofalloff//cries;;;;;
don’t repost on tumblr or other websites and don’t remove the caption.
Porky Pig’s speech pattern deconstructed.
:O that was amazing
I always thought they were just random sounds. That’s kind of mind-blowing.
I’m over this man for making it seem so simple lol
"And nobody can do that and that’s why I have job security."
Was tagged by sleepingwiththegods to give 10 facts about myself! You are such a sweetie lol ok here goes…
1. I got to visit Pixar Animation Studios last month! Still willing to brag about that. I met the voice actress for EVE from Wall-E and my dad is friends with an upcoming film director there hehe
2. I am currently waiting for my turquoise hair dye to settle in while I type so imagine me in a stained tshirt and my hair all up in a shower cap. Having blue hair was a dream for me since I was 12 and seriously I gained so much confidence after dyeing my hair (against my parents’ wishes MWAHAHAHAHA)
3. I am in an ongoing RP with someone and it’s more than a year old now :D Still going strong!
4. I hate fresh tomatoes. I will each ketchup and soup with tomatoes but I cannot eat fresh tomatoes and this is a fact I share with my dad.
5. I don’t wear rings, earrings, or bracelets. Rings and bracelets because I don’t really like the feeling of something on my hands and it bothers me a lot, earrings because I have this skin reaction whenever the earrings I wear aren’t sterling silver.
6. I’d like to one day be married but I don’t want to have kids and if I ever decide to have a child, I would like to adopt one.
7. I love summer more than winter okay I am a tropical girl and I love wearing summer dresses and eating mangoes and watermelon I don’t know what people are saying when they hate summer I’ll tell you what experience a POLAR VORTEX and knee-high snow IN CANADA and tell me summer isn’t the best it is the best you guys don’t know shit.
8. My hedgehog Corset is the love of my life right now.
9. My room is in a constant state of mess in varying degrees.
10. I prefer tampons over pads. My mom once told me that only people who have given birth can use tampons because your husband won’t believe you’re a virgin if you use tampons which stretch your vag. So I was like FUCK THAT I hate the feeling of a scratchy diaper thing and feeling your warm blood seep out at random times and screw the concept of virginity it is so very stupid when its only purpose is to please your man and also your vagina turns back into its original size thank you very much. So for me, tampons > pads.
Also 173s you must do it you too are tagged